Location: Raleigh NC – remote possible for local candidates only
NOTE: US citizens and those are authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor at this time.
Job Description: CSOC-Tier 2 Analyst - Day Shift
• Identification of Cybersecurity problems which may require mitigating controls
• Analyze network traffic to identify exploit or intrusion related attempts
• Recommend detection mechanisms for exploit and or intrusion related attempts
• Provide subject matter expertise on network based attacks, network traffic analysis, and intrusion methodologies
• Escalate items which require further investigation to other members of the Threat Management team
• Execute operational processes in support of response efforts to identified security incidents
• 3+ years IT security experience
• 2+ years’ experience in network traffic analysis
Strong working knowledge of:
• Boolean Logic
• TCP/IP Fundamentals
• Network Level Exploits
• Threat Management
• Regular Expressions
• Knowledge of Control Frameworks and Risk Management techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS technologies, trends, vendors, processes and methodologies
• Strong understanding of common IDS/IPS architectures and implementations
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS signatures, content creation and signature characteristics including both signature and anomaly-based analysis and detection
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)