Note: Resource must be available to work onsite at client facility in Eagan, MN.
*U.S. Citizens, Green cards and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply*
We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Under general direction, have duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of other project engineers.
Responsible for developing strategies for technical IT infrastructures and the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
Leads a group of engineers, analysts, and/or technicians assigned for the duration of a project or may function as ongoing lead within a group of engineers associated with one or more technical areas within the telecom function (such as, but not limited to, network design, engineering, implementation, or operations/user support).
Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, although may provide input.
To meet reporting requirements, Service Performance Measurement (SPM) is moving from on-prem to Microsoft Azure Cloud.
Our Client is seeking assistance to augment current staffing by onboarding Cloud SMEs to assist with deploying and services/resources, making recommendations on how to secure and architecture recommendations for increased efficiencies, and to work directly with Informed Visibility -SPM development staff.
Also, resources need to be able to assist with upskilling NCT Operations staff in the SPM design and general cloud concepts and be able to communicate and document SOPs.
Selected individuals will provide detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues; and consults with client to define needs or challenges; while also supervising studies: leading surveys and performing data collection for analyses used to advise and recommend/suggest solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Strong skills and experience in regards to Cloud Operations support in Azure and Google Cloud Platform
• Strong Experience supporting large scale/enterprise level Cloud environments
• Strong Experience supporting several cloud services related to compute, network, databases, etc…
• Experience of automation/orchestration using any of the following: Ansible, Ansible Tower, Terraform, YAML, Jenkins, or equivalent.
• Fluency in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby or equivalent)
• Ability to troubleshoot cloud resource problems and perform complex system tests
• Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services
• Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
• Integration of Git, in continuous deployment
• Experience with DevOps monitoring tools
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Creative thinking skills
• Detail-oriented personality
• Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team
• Strong understanding of cloud networking at scale
• Ability to break down complex networking concepts and present them in a concise way
• Shell scripting experience
• A minimum of 10 -12 years’ IT related experience;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in the applicable field of services is preferred;
• Works on high-visibility, or mission critical aspects of a given program, and performs all functional duties independently
Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance.
All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
Candidate must have lived in US for over 5 years and cannot have more than 6 months (180 days cumulative) travel outside the United States within the last five years (Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check