NOTE: This individual will be able to telework but should live within driving distance of Arlington VA as they will need to work in the office a minimum of 2 days per 2-week period on average.
Note: US citizens and Green card holders are encouraged to apply, as we are unable to sponsor a visa at this time.
• Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
• Engage with stakeholders to do evaluation of needs, goals, mission, values, and overall objectives of site.
• Solicit and incorporate feedback from CLIENT Community subject matter and technical experts throughout the engagement.
• Leverage the U.S. design standards to the greatest extent possible.
• Limit custom coding to the greatest extent possible to promote efficient knowledge-transfer and cost-effective in-house maintenance.
• Throughout development, when significant design choices are required, develop multiple concepts for feedback from Client Community POCs.
• Create user-centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback.
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications.
• Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience.
• Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well-thought visual designs and workflows
• Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross-functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals.
• Experience creating UI specs & wireframes. Flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly and provide choices to stakeholders.
• Participates in testing, validating own and others’ functionality.
• Experience in proposing and executing new interactive graphics based on existing data, with the goal of making the data already collect more accessible and interactive.
• Ability to improve the “user paths” on the site, ensuring that users’ destinations can be reached in a minimum of clicks.
• Modernize and improve existing graphics, fonts, and other design elements, with the goal of achieving a modern-looking website.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• Conceptual understanding of User Interface Design and the Design Process.
• Intermediate to advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
• Intermediate level of HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap
• Understanding of Less and Sass
• Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends
• Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
• Excellent communication and team-oriented skills
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years.