Agency Interview Type: Either Web Cam or In Person Interview
INTERVIEW DATES: Interviews will be conducted on [Feb 5, 6, 7] only to submit candidates available for interviews on the date(s) provided.
ONLY SUBMIT RESOURCES THAT ARE ABLE TO BE ONSITE DAY 1. THIS POSITION REQURES RESOURCE TO WORK ONSITE A MINNIMUM OF 2 DAYS PER WEEK. NO FULL REMOTE OPTION. THE EXPECTATION IS THAT THIS RESOURCE LIVE/WORK IN THE DES MOINES METRO DURING ASSIGNMENT.. PLEASE LIMIT SUBMITTALS TO CANDIDATES WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE TO DES MOINES.
The Applications Architect (AA) is the functional expert for an application, a defined set of applications or a portfolio of related applications.
We are looking to hire an experienced AWS application architect for our Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax Modernization Project. This individual will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications using Agile methodologies. The project aims to modernize IWD's UI Tax system by re-architecting its components to industry leading architecture and frameworks, with the goal of providing better service to both the agency staff and the end-users while positioning the agency for future technological improvements. This individual will provide technical leadership in architecting, implementing, and operationalizing AWS cloud hosting zones. The focus will be on security, full-stack automation, monitoring, and developer experience. You will be developer advocate for Cloud capabilities to influence and work across diverse teams to design and implement easy to use hybrid cloud environments. You will partner with Development, and Infrastructure teams with the goal of architecting the applications and how they leverage infrastructure services in cloud environments.
• Extensive experience in cloud architecture planning, estimating, application migration and cloud governance
• Proven skills in cloud-native development
• Use configuration management and tooling to ensure cloud environments meet operational and security standards
• Containerize and orchestrate container images effectively to meet performance requirements
• Experience in Java, Spring frameworks, SQL, Oracle, SOAP and REST web services
• Experience in microservices and SOA development
• Experience in establishing coding practices, code review standards and security protocols
• Experience in Okta integration through SAML and/or JWT
• Strong understanding of AWS well architected frameworks in cloud production environments and apply those principles while designing a solution.
• Good understanding of AWS network and security engineering principles
• Great communication skills and the ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Knowledge and experience of Agile practices
• AWS Professional Solutions Architect certification is a plus
Extensive experience is architecting web application, event driven systems and microservices Required 8 Years
Design, estimate, implementation and governance of AWS Cloud architecture Required 8 Years
Strong experience in AWS services like AWS EC2, ALB, RDS, AWS Lambda, AWS S3, Api Gateway, AWS IAM etc. Required 8 Years
Cloud-native development and Server less technologies Required 8 Years
Application migration to AWS Required 5 Years
Docker and Container orchestration technologies Required 8 Years
SOA and Microservices development Required 15 Years
Java, Jakarta EE, JSON, XML, Hibernate/Open JPA, SOAP and REST web services Required 15 years
Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, Spring Batch Required 15 Years
SQL, PL/SQL Required 15 Years
Okta, SAML, JWT Required 5 Years
CI/CD pipeline and tools Required 5 Years
Establish coding practices, code review standards and security protocols Required 15 Years