Application/Resume must clearly describe relevant qualifications and experience.
Out-of-state candidates are welcome to apply, however local candidates are strongly preferred
Under limited supervision, analyzes customer business needs and participates in the planning, design, and implementation of systems. Serves as subject matter expert, providing authoritative guidance for professional staff. May also serve in a lead role.
The Reporting Analyst creates and maintains reports and dashboards within the Workday cloud-based software platform. The Workday Reporting Analyst develops reports and dashboards that provide insights and data analysis to support decision-making and meet the reporting needs of the State Accounting Office (SAO).
The Reporting Analyst is responsible for researching, designing, delivering and maintaining reporting solutions in response to emerging Workday technologies, customer requests and ongoing operational changes, having system wide impact in a shared services capacity and working with partners and stakeholders.
This is a time-limited, at-will employment position assigned to a project with an approximate 3-year life cycle.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with managers to develop an inventory of functional and technical reports to be mapped to the
• Design, develop and implement custom reports and dashboards in Workday using its reporting tools.
• Understand business requirements, data sources, and report specification to create accurate and actionable
• Analyze and interpret complex data sets to identify trends, patterns and key insights.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, such as Officers, Directors, Managers or Teams to understand their reporting
needs and translate them into meaningful reports and dashboards.
• Ensure the accuracy and reliability of existing reports and dashboards by regularly reviewing and updating
them as necessary.
• Modify report layouts, data sources, or calculations to improve usability and relevance.
• Stay updated with Workday releases and new features to leverage enhancements in reporting capabilities.
• Ensure the integrity and security of data used in reports and dashboards.
• Adhere to data governance policies and best practices to maintain data accuracy, consistency, and
• Validate and reconcile data from multiple sources to ensure the reliability of report outputs.
• Document report requirements, specifications, and processes for future reference and knowledge sharing.
Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
• Collaborates with functional stakeholders to assess reporting needs, gather specifications/requirements, and
design reports for development.
• Builds Workday simple, advanced, matrix, composite, trending, scorecard and dashboard reports to meet
• Ability to help clients resolve reporting issues requiring in-depth expertise in the Workday solution.
• Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday standard methodologies.
• Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills
• Experience in documenting processes around data collection and reporting
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, business, or a related field from and accredited college or university AND three years’ experience in report/analytics development to include business requirements gathering and documentation. OR Associate’s degree in a related field from and accredited college or university AND four years’ experience in report/analytics development.
Preference may be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications, possess the following:
• Proficiency in Workday Financials and Workday Management and its reporting tools (e.g., Workday Report Writer, Report Designer, Adaptive Planning, Prism Analytics).
• Strong understanding of Finance, HCM, Procurement processes and data structures.
• Data analysis and interpretation skills.
• Strong qualitative and analytical capabilities with advanced Excel skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong written, verbal communication skills and collaboration abilities.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Understanding of data governance principles and best practices.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience in report/analytics development to include business requirements gathering and documentation Required 3 Years
Designing, developing and implementing custom reports and dashboards in Workday using its reporting tools. Highly desired 3 Years
Proficiency in Workday Financials and Workday Management and its reporting tools. Highly desired 3 Years
Strong understanding of Finance, HCM, Procurement processes and data structures. Highly desired3 Years