Candidate must currently be local to Indianapolis. Please provide the address the candidate resides.
Selected resource will be required to work a hybrid schedule with 3 days onsite per week. Please confirm the resource understands the work schedule.
The position is for Indiana Immunization division IT team, which is responsible for customer support for the Indiana Immunization Registry systems.
This position responsibilities will include understanding HL7 requirements, conducting HL7 messages analysis, and coordinating HL7 activities. Also, support the immunization systems by keeping it maintained, upgraded, and developed within HL7 standards and needs.
This position will also ensure the HL7 is compliant by the standards of an Immunization Information System.
• Lead and coordinator the immunization’s response to meaningful use requirements
• Participate with other coordinators across the country in joint advancing public health readiness challenge
• Define and management the process for systems to test the submission of meaningful use data received directly from providers and help to accept the data when successful
• Serve as the liaison between the state and facilities for issues regarding meaningful use and immunization data
• Strong working knowledge and experience of Oracle database and PL/SQL scripting
• Serve as the central point of contact for information and assistance regarding meaningful use for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Joint Public Health Informatics Taskforce (JPHIT) the Centers for Medicaid and Medicate Services (CMS), and the Office of National Coordinator for Health Information technology (ONC)
• Participate in projects and activities relating to meaningful use
• Oversees the state meaningful use portal for immunization data attestment
• Stay abreast of changes to the meaningful use policy and procedure and inform the Immunization and CHIRP staff as need.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Full-time professional work experience in an Information Technology environment Required 10 Years
HL7 Analyst experience in Information Technology with project tools and best practices Required 6 Years
Strong knowledge and experience of Health Level 7 (HL7) messaging with VXU (Unsolicited Vaccination Record Update) Required 6 Years
Advance knowledge of the SDLC, IT, project tools and approaches to development and implementation Required
Thorough knowledge of enterprise security practices Required
Ability to work in a team environment with collaborative approach Required
Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and management Required
Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with internal and external customers, and vendors Required
The ability to plan work and meet projects deadlines Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields with IT experience Required