Only candidates local to the Raleigh NC area will be accepted. Remote support is authorized, but some onsite support will be required.
Job Description: Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Job requirements :
Responsible for the security architecture across a variety of applications or domains, to include cloud computing, and assigned to project/initiatives of large size, complexity and risk. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer develops actionable security blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information technology architecture and support is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business.
• Provides senior leadership and oversight for a cybersecurity program/operation that includes multiple projects. Projects within the operation are composed of: Network/Security Operations Center, Cyber Engineering, Insider Threat, Forensics, Site Assistance Evaluation/Penetration
• Testing, New Cybersecurity Capability Development, and Cybersecurity Policy Analysis
• Develops Information Assurance processes utilizing most up-to-date industry best practices
• Possesses operational decision-making authority (with Government management collaboration)
• Participates in technical, business process, and status review meetings
• Supervises Cyber staff supporting the Cybersecurity infrastructure across multiple CONUS locations
• Manages Engineering activities, deliverables, presentations, and briefings • Maintains client service levels and specifications
• Utilizes formal change control process to ensure agreement on all objectives and tasks
• Formulates and administers Cybersecurity policies and procedures to define and enhance capabilities and performance
• Identifies improvement areas through analysis of issues, internal audits, and Government compliance
• Plans and implements new Cybersecurity enhancements
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or 5 years experience Required with a related PhD or JD. Considered career, or journey, level.
Must possess a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree, PhD or JD in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
-CompTIA Security +
-CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker -CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance • Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.) • All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.
• Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time.